With so many buzzwords nowadays, it can be hard to keep track of what all these acronyms even mean or stand for! AI (Artificial Intelligence), IoT (Internet of Things), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) and HaaS (Hardware-as-a-Service), are just a few of the many Tech buzzwords that keep popping up today. I am sure there is a number of you out there that have the same trouble when it comes to keeping up with what’s new!
For now, I’m going to focus on HaaS or Hardware-as-a-Service.
One of the less exciting things business owners rejoice about is the pain of changing over computer hardware and infrastructure.
The traditional method of purchasing all your computer and networking equipment as one capital expense can be difficult for cash flow, as a small business owner myself I understand and feel that pain.
Hardware as a service in its simplest form is a type of finance. Traditionally finance on computer hardware was a race to the bottom. Basically, by the time you got to the end of the usable life of the device, you were either left with some sort of balloon payment or you obsolete hardware that was no longer effective or efficient.
What is Hardware-as-a-Service?
Hardware-as-a-Service (or HaaS) is a simple, cost-effective way for your business to access and maintain state-of-the-art hardware in an economical manageable manner.
Initiating a Hardware-as-a-Service program is easy:
- Choose your Equipment. You define the type of hardware you need (servers, computers, networking equipment, and laptops), how powerful you need it to be, and how often you want it refreshed (usually every two or three years).
- Confirm the Roles and Responsibilities. You delegate the responsibility of supplying your business with the technology it needs to Pippos Tech.
- You Become More Productive with Brand New Equipment. Pippos Tech will supply, install, and support your new servers, computers, laptops, and peripherals with upgrades performed with prearranged timelines.
- You Pay a Low Monthly Fee. You pay a low monthly fee based on the hardware you have chosen without having a significant, upfront capital expense.
Hardware-as-a-Service changes the way we view computer hardware by defining computer equipment and infrastructure as a running cost of any business, whether you are a large corporation with hundreds of users right down to a small mum and dad type business, like many small businesses within the Riverland.
What this means is, Hardware-as-a-Service, allows business owners to break down the capital expenditure over a period of time, allowing you to manage your business cash flow with the added benefit of a simple exchange at the end of the term.
Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is, nowadays computer equipment, and infrastructure just doesn’t last as it used to, which is why we recommend all hardware should be on a three-year rotation. With modern technology superseding previous models rapidly, we need a solution that provides a happy medium between having the expense of purchasing new hardware every few years vs. a set fee that is manageable with your monthly cash flow but also provides value.
At the end of the term, the hardware and infrastructure are changed over for the newer model or versions; the contract/term is renewed and, your business can continually make full use of the efficiencies new hardware provides.
I firmly believe the only way a small business can survive long-term is to be as efficient as possible. A business running old hardware is not only a liability but also an inefficiency that we, as small business owners, cannot afford.
What are the benefits of Hardware-as-a-Service?
Purchasing new computer equipment can be a costly and time-consuming process, but it can also be simple. The only question you need answering is, “What is the specific computer equipment my business needs to achieve its goals?”. Matching your computer equipment to leverage the strengths of your business is only one of the many benefits of HaaS.
- It is a better financial decision for your business. Hardware-as-a-Service requires no up-front capital investment, freeing up your valuable capital for use in other areas of the organisation. It also provides predictable, understandable equipment costs to aid planning and cash flow over the next three to five years – such as a new business-grade laptop for less than a cup of coffee per day!
- It is a better management decision for your business. By outsourcing the planning, sourcing, financing, deployment, and management of your IT equipment to Pippos Tech, you refocus your organisation on delivering value for your clients. You will have fewer suppliers to deal with, fewer IT issues slowing you down, and fewer complaints from staff or customers.
- It allows you to be more responsive to the marketplace. HaaS enables you to upgrade your technology as your business needs and strategy change, allowing you to take advantage of opportunities quicker and more effectively.
- It reduces the cybersecurity risks to your organisation. Out-dated and inconsistent hardware is the second leading cause of cybersecurity risks to a business. Hardware-as-a-Service removes this by providing an up-to-date, consistent operating platform.
If you would like to know more about how you can implement better technology efficiencies without the added pressure of a significant, upfront capital expense, reach out to, Jeremy on 0438 822 681 if he is busy (as per usual) leave Jeremy an email here: email@example.com